I love baking, sadly I don’t ever get round to doing it as often as I would like. However, a recent work event called for some team members to bring in a little treat and I had no doubt what I would be making. I had seen a fabulous looking brownie whilst I was watching the ‘Eat in with Little Mix series’ on youtube. Perrie enlisted her neighbour to help her make a dessert, and ever since watching it I knew I had to try the recipe for myself.
Thankfully, the lovely Melanie posted the recipe to her Instagram, which you can see below. I had such fun making these brownies, which were surprisingly easy to do. I love a gorgeous and gooey brownie and this recipe delivers just that! I actually doubled the recipe and it worked perfectly.
200g 70% cocoa solid chocolate
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
250g caster sugar
115g plain flour
150g cream cheese
Preheat Oven to 160c.
- Melt 175g butter with 200g 70% cocoa solid chocolate in a microwave or gently in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile whisk 3 eggs, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, 250g caster sugar together. When mixed, pour the melted chocolate and butter over the eggs and sugar. Mix again.
- Add 115g plain flour. Combine. Pour into a parchment lined brownie tin. 20cm x 20cm.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 150g cream cheese, 1 egg yolk and a sprinkling of sugar. Dollop it in spoonfuls all over the top of the brownie mix and then drag a toothpick through to make swirly patterns.
- Dot the top with raspberries and then bake at 160c for around 30-40 minutes. It should still wobble when it comes out.
- Refrigerate until fully chilled and then you can cut it neatly, with a hot knife, into neat bars. Serve at room temperature.
I was a little nervous taking the brownies out still wobbly, however it really does create the perfect consistency, I have fallen in love with this recipe and highly recommend giving it a try! This is perfect as a dessert with ice cream or as a treat during the day.