I wanted to write a quick post today, as I have been feeling very, very positive lately and wanted to talk about happiness, confidence and self-love.
This blog was started because I wanted a creative outlet and an escape from my job, as I was really unhappy there. I have since found a new job which I’m really enjoying and it’s crazy to think it was almost a year ago when I made the decision to start job hunting and getting out of the negative situation. It’s amazing how different a few months can make, and I don’t want this positivity train to ever stop. I am feeling super motivated for everything happening in my life.
For me personally, with happiness comes confidence. I may not be in the job of my dreams just yet, but in all honestly I treat my blog and now YouTube as my job, and the work I do in between as simply paying the bills. I love feeling confident in what I am doing, as it makes me feel very proud and even more productive. So I thought I would share a few thoughts I have for keeping you going and happy whilst you go for what you want:
- Remind yourself why you are doing it – A little motivational speech in the mirror never hurt anyone.
- Visualise where you want to be – Wake up everyday and think about where you want to be in 6 months time, a year, 2 years. Whatever time frame works for you.
- Work hard – You don’t get very far feeling sorry for yourself or sitting on your bum. Don’t get me wrong, rest is important but putting in the effort is essential.
- Support others and stay inspired– Being jealous of other people’s success is a waste of your time, not to mention it’s not a very attractive quality. Let the success of others motivate you and inspire you.
- Take a break- Hard work is great, but becoming stressed and over worked is not helping anyone. Remember to relax as well.
- Enjoy it – If it’s not making you happy, then it’s not worth your time. Whatever it is you do in life, make sure there is a smile on your face.
Thanks for reading everyone! What are some things that make you happy? Let me know in the comments.
Be sure to check back on Thursday for another post 🙂